Important! This even is not hosted by Rivers East Village. How to join this event please read careully. Registering on this site provides an email reminder the day before and helps us understand what events are of interest to our local community.
A 6-session evidence-based workshop designed for those dealing with a chronic or limiting health condition. Each session is 2.5 hours in length, and participants learn self-management techniques and skills needed in the day to day management of any type of ongoing health condition. The program has also been proven to be effective for caregivers.
Join us for a free six-week in-person workshop that will take you on a wellness journey and provide you with tools to improve your health and outlook on life! This small workshop of 8 - 12 adults allows participant interaction and sharing.
We will explore ways to:
- Use positive thinking, breathing, and relaxation techniques
- Deal with depression, anger, fear, and frustration
- Develop healthy eating habits and food choices
- Discover the level of physical activity that is right for you
- Communicate effectively with others
- Learn tips about medication management and working with the healthcare team
- Brainstorm solutions to challenges and barriers
- Make weekly action plans
- Learn pain management options
Participants receive a complimentary "Living a Healthy Life with Chronic Conditions after registering and attending the first day.
Chronic Disease Self-Management is an evidence-based program designed by Stanford University and sponsored by Clackamas County Social Services and Americorps Seniors volunteers.
Click here to register.
Questions, call 503-650-5796 or email email@example.com